Tags24-Divisadero 28-19th Ave Along The M Bart baseball Bay Area Wanderer Brick Day Brickday Castro Station Clipper card downtown Downtown SF fail Frank Chu holiday J-Church Jawbreaker K-Ingleside L-Taraval Lost Weekend Video M-Ocean View movie Muni Muni Diaries music N-Judah Oakland photo Powell Station San Francisco San Francisco Chronicle San Francisco Giants Spinning Platters sports St. Francis Circle streetcar Sutro Tower T-Third The Castro The Castro Theatre The Mission TransLink video West Portal West Portal Station
The Fine Print
The online output of The M-OceanView Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States license. The M-OceanView Journal is a trademark of The M-OceanView Journal LLP in the United States and other countries.
Tag Archives: San Francisco Giants
It's the morning after the 49ers' first Super Bowl loss, and the Chronicle seller in Castro Station wrote up his own opinion on the results.
* Along The M: Market and Drumm. About ten people aligned with occupySF.com protested near Embarcadero Station's entrance on this sweltering Indian Summer evening. The bullhorn's tinny caterwaul rebounded off of the concrete and stone. There were rumors of public … Continue reading
* Bay Area Wanderer: Third Street and King Street, San Francisco. When the T-car arrived in front of the stadium, the driver said through the intercom "Welcome to Gayyyy-Tee-and-Tee Park!" Currently 5-2 with the Pirates ahead of the Giants in … Continue reading
This morning, Sutro Tower seemed to rise out of the fog above West Portal like Tolkien's Barad-dûr. Headed south on a K-Ingleside was a panda fan. Pandas commute too.
I still can't believe that the Giants made it to the World Series this season. It's dreamlike. It's as though my video game's Franchise Mode file sprang to life and suddenly this unlikely squad has gleefully outperformed their way to … Continue reading
* Along The M: Balboa Park Station. Shh, they need their rest for The World Series.
* Bay Area Wanderer: The Hub, San Anselmo. Gray day here in Marin. Clouds touching the top of Mt. Tam. Close out the NLCS, Giants.
Wow. Found by TenAndFive.com's James Hutchinson, this work of unspeakable geekiness is inexorably awesome. Clockwise from the top left, the players are: closing pitcher Brian Wilson, catcher Buster Posey, 1B/OF Aubrey Huff, Tim Lincecum, and Matt Cain. Good work, n8dawg … Continue reading
* Bay Area Wanderer: 24 Willie Mays Plaza (King), San Francisco. It's game time. And where there's people, Frank Chu is there. Keep on keepin' on, Frank.