Last night at The Castro Theatre during the final rounds of questions of the Mayoral Candidates Forum, San Francisco's crop of candidates for mayor were asked to explain which of their colleagues' points from the evening's proceedings they would like to "Campaign Check" as the San Francisco Chronicle does.
The crowd buzzed with anticipation after moderator Liam Mayclem read the question.
A Campaign Check column checks the truthfulness -- or truthiness -- of a candidate's statement.
Who of those on stage would spill blood? Who would take the high ground? And after crashing the forum but being denied official time to speak, what would playwright and Green Party candidate Terry Joan Baum add?
Here are the candidates' answers:
• San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera.
• Mayor Ed Lee.
• Venture Capitalist Joanna Rees.
• San Francisco Assessor-Recorder Phil Ting.
• Tony Hall, former Supervisor in San Francisco's District 7 and former executive director of the Treasure Island Development Authority.
• David Chiu, President of San Francisco's Board Of Supervisors, representing District 3.
• John Avalos, Supervisor of District 11.
• Michela Alioto-Pier, former Supervisor of District 2.
Further coverage, analysis and footage from this event to come.