Tags24-Divisadero 28-19th Ave Along The M Bart baseball Bay Area Wanderer Brick Day Brickday Castro Station Clipper card downtown Downtown SF fail Frank Chu holiday J-Church Jawbreaker K-Ingleside L-Taraval Lost Weekend Video M-Ocean View movie Muni Muni Diaries music N-Judah Oakland photo Powell Station San Francisco San Francisco Chronicle San Francisco Giants Spinning Platters sports St. Francis Circle streetcar Sutro Tower T-Third The Castro The Castro Theatre The Mission TransLink video West Portal West Portal Station
The Fine Print
The online output of The M-OceanView Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States license. The M-OceanView Journal is a trademark of The M-OceanView Journal LLP in the United States and other countries.
Monthly Archives: September 2010
Wow. Found by TenAndFive.com's James Hutchinson, this work of unspeakable geekiness is inexorably awesome. Clockwise from the top left, the players are: closing pitcher Brian Wilson, catcher Buster Posey, 1B/OF Aubrey Huff, Tim Lincecum, and Matt Cain. Good work, n8dawg … Continue reading
* Bay Area Wanderer: 2nd Avenue and Cabrillo, San Francisco. Along Arguello, just below the Rossi Playground and above the park, there's a series of blocks where the east-west streets alternate in the middle of the block. I've affectionately called … Continue reading
* Along The M: West Portal Station. Late, but not too late. Cold, but not too cold. G'night.
* Bay Area Wanderer: Golden Gate at Leavenworth. These buildings are relatively new for this area. Scent of cold concrete. Hello, Tenderloin.
* Along The M: West Portal and Vicente. I'd imagine it's tough to be a palm tree in southwestern San Francisco. I can't imagine how tough it is to be a metermaid.
*Along The M: West Portal and 14th Avenue. Now that the streetcars are running again, it's backhandedly comforting that NextBus hasn't changed. Ghost trains still roam the M line.
* Along The M: Geneva and San Jose. The work at St. Francis Circle is done. Welcome back, streetcars.
On August 19, just after Jonathan Richman's "There's Something About Mary" event at Lost Weekend Video, I had a sit-down video interview with store owner Dave Hawkins, and then spoke with Christy Colcord, another of of Lost Weekend's three co-owners. … Continue reading
* Bay Area Wanderer: Clarence Place headed towards 3rd Street, San Francisco. Away from the Giants' field, down an alleyway, a forgotten sprig of train track leads back towards 3rd Street. Ghosts have to commute too.
* Along The M: St. Francis Circle. The new concrete along St. Francis Circle looks as fresh as a clean towel. Rail service along the K and M restarts on September 4.